How long will harry potter be around for?

Question by Thu: How long will harry potter be around for?
The books are done the movies are finish but i think harry potter is far from over with pottermore coming out. I think it will be around for about 5-7 more years then it will start to die down sad i know. But harry potter will forever be in my heart

Best answer:

Answer by Green Monster
I have no idea when it will die down.But yes it is very very sad that it has ended i loved all the movies my favorite was Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets :)

Give your answer to this question below!

25 Responses to How long will harry potter be around for?

1. ƪilyWhite♡ Flοral Blοοm says:

I doubt Harry Potter will truly fade away. I think it’ll be right up with renowned fantasy works like Lord of the Rings and Narnia.

2. Gildartz Clive says:

IT WILL BE AROUND, FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, hopefully.

3. Rachel says:

I think it will be timeless.

Unlike some other modern young adult books/movies, it’s not based in a specific time with specific technology and there’s nothing that can be “outdated.” The story doesn’t revolve around its setting. It’s just kids being kids and saving the world.

4. Silver Fox says:

FOREVER!!!!

Seriously, I’m not just saying that to satisfy myself. This series is the first ever series that so many people have been crazy-obsessed about. And those fans will make their children read it, their children will make THEIR children read it, and so on.

In about a hundred years, Harry Potter will finally have achieved the best: it will become a classic.

I’m not joking. So many blogs, public chats, and so on have all said the same thing. All these fans are willing to do anything to make Harry Potter last.

And so it will <3 😉

EDIT: haha notice how everyone who answered is a top contributor except the first person?

5. Historyandbookstudent says:

they will die down for a while, then 10 years latter when the kids who read the books have children,

the book will become popular again, like c.s carol novels,

6. Bellatrix LeStrange says:

Eternity and a Day

7. DAWN says:

HARRY POTTER FOREVER. No, but in all honesty, Harry Potter is a brilliant series with even more brilliant movies. People still watch Charlie Chaplin and the Three Stooges so I doubt Harry’ll be going anywhere.

8. Rosetta Stoned says:

forever and ever,lets hope

9. Vanessa Nim says:

Harry Potter will only truly be gone, when no one is loyal to it.

10. Hermione Granger says:

Ahhh it will never end.

11. Luna Lovegood <3 says:

it will always be around.
    harry potter is a classic.
    you can’t change that.

12. Smiling Dark Lord Voldemort says:

he will die soon, just wait till i get a hold of him .

13. Gaara-obsessed and still crazy! says:

Forever, hopefully.

But even then, in the deepest recesses of my heart, I know it must end someday. I just hope it’s after I die, so I never have to witness it.

14. TheC says:

UNTIL THE VERY END

15. Hermione Granger says:

Harry Potter will always be around, as long as there are people who still love the books and movies.

16. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore™ says:

It will always be around as long as those who are here remain loyal to it.
    Answer this O.W.Ls question please.

17. HarryPotter4everFan says:

HARRY POTTER SHALL LIVE ON!!!!
    We ARE the Harry Potter generation! We’ve laughed with Ron and Seamus, we’ve solved problems with Hermione, we’ve been proud of Snape and Sirius, we’ve cheered for Molly and Dumbledore, we’ve supported Neville through all of his mistakes, and we’ve cried with all over the ones we’ve lost. But we can NEVER let Harry Potter die!Maybe we couldn’t save Sirius, or Dobby, but we can save the world by not letting Harry Potter die!
    -Sirius Black Fan <3
    Harry Potter is our Past, our Present, and our FOREVER!!!!

18. Jodie says:

I don’t think Harry Potter will EVER die down! There are too many crazy fans like me to let it die down, ever!!!

19. Brittany says:

Harry Potter is a classic and it’s already proven so after 15 years of its first publication. It will always be here, but on a smaller scale.

20. Crystal Lattice says:

Forever..! <3

21. seraah says:

Harry Potter’s craze is not only in U.S.A. but also all over Asia,Australia,Europe,Africa,South America.Every child has heard of it and read it, here in India.Its the biggest craze among kids and youngsters and adults.Everyone loves it here.If a series which was first started by an American author some 15 years ago and still popular not only in America,but all over the world.Do you think such a series will ever die down?Did LOTR die down?No.Then how can harry potter die down.Its a real classic.Have enid blyton’s books become unpopular among children?No.Then why do you think harry potter will die down.It has already become a classic.Don’t worry it will be popular among future grand-children’s grandchildren too.

22. Sarah Catherine says:

I think that Harry Potter will turn into one of those legendary books like Lord of the Rings – I bet you anything that people will start to write stories that are similar, or perhaps “borrow” JK Rowling’s wizarding world/rules…that’s the feeling I get. And I agree with you – I will ALWAYS treasure the Harry Potter legend. 8->

23. Emzii says:

As long as fans want it to be around for. Which I think will be a long time! I mean – we have loads of franchise still to buy, the last film isn’t out on DVD yet…we’ve still got that to come! The theme park in Orlando and now Pottermore! It’s not going anywhere anytime soon! I think it will also be passed down generations!

24. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? ME!♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ says:

It will never die down!♥

25. J R says:

I’m sure J.K. Rowling will want to write about Harry’s kids at Hogwarts. I’m sure she’s just as sad as we are, and we all want to continue. I also think maybe she’ll do something between the 19 year gap.